Wednesday 18 February 2009

Miso Soup, two ways

This is one of my newest discoveries, and I love it. Really, I just stole Wagamama's ideas, but it works :)


Now, I have a little secret about this dish. I started making it on Monday night, but I didn't really have time to eat it. I usually eat around 8pm, sometimes later, often watching Masterchef which is on about 8.30. So I'll start cooking at 8, so I can be ready for the show. But on Monday, I was going to a lecture that started at 8. And, after the lecture, I was meeting one of my favourite people at Oxford for ice cream, chocolate and a catch up at Oxford's famous G & Ds.

So I started making dinner, by finely chopping onion and garlic, and stir-frying both with some mushrooms and leeks. I added soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce, and then noodles. In a separate container, I mixed two sachets of miso with water. Then, I poured that into a pan, and after a minute took it away from the heat. But I really only had time for one little bowl, and there were a lot of leftovers.

On Tuesday night, I had a meeting which started at 8, but I didn't think would go on long (it didn't). I also wanted to go to rehearsals before hand. So, after the meeting, I stir-fried some red onion and red pepper, and strained the veg and noodles out of the soup, and added them to reheat. I also added a piece of salmon, that had been cooked and frozen in terriyaki sauce, but had lots its sauce in the car journey between home and Oxford (in the cool bag, luckily, not in the car). Then I added the soup, with a little more water.

It was a lovely dinner. I find the soup very filling! And I'm going to send this to Presto Pasta Nights which this week is being hosted by Noob Cook.

1 comment:

  1. I do love Asian soups...so easy to prepare, so flavorful...soooooo good. Thanks for sharing with PResto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete