Wednesday 18 March 2009

Store Cupboard Pasta

I wanted to make something nice for dinner on Monday night for two reasons. Firstly, because I had an exam the next day. And secondly, because all I'd managed to ear during the day was two bananas, a yoghurt and a bag of crisps. Highly nutritious!

So I made an amazing store cupboard pasta. Be warned, this relies on you having a good store cupboard!

First I fried a chopped red onion and garlic:
Then I added some chopped fresh tomaotes (about 3 large ones) about 3 anchovies, and some parmesan:

Meanwhile I cooked some pasta:

I then added lots of nice things to my onion and tomatoes: sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, grilled marinated courgettes, more anchoves, parmesan, pecorino and some basil.

I then added all the pasta to the pan too:
I think you'll agree that it's very colourful. Tasty too! I'm submitting this to Presto Pasta Nights, which this week is being hosted by Pam at Sidewalk Shoes.

To add to my lovely dinner, I also made a crumble, as I had some rhubarb that was calling out to me! I put (roughly) equal amounts of butter, flour and sugar in my food processor (I have no scales, so it was roughly measured), and then poured that on top of chopped rhubarb and baked in the oven until lovely and gooey:

1 comment:

  1. Great cupboard you have there. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete