Thursday 14 May 2009

Speedy Pasta

Oxford life is incredibly manic. Most of the time I seem to be running all over the place, with 10 000 things to do.

This was a quick pasta which followed one of my more manic days: up by 07.30 to do some reading and finish an essay in time for my 11-1 class. Quick lunch with my class mates, followed by a brief meeting for a tutor to sign a form (he wasn't there!). Then from 2.30-4.00 we were looking at houses for next year. 4.30 I had a meeting on the other side of town for a play, then another straight after, for the same play. That meeting turned into a rehearsal, which went from 6-9, although I left in the middle for a physio appointment.

So, by the time I got home I was tired and hungry. Pasta was the obvious solution:



Luckily, I had mushrooms and leeks in the fridge, which I sauted, then added some creme fraiche, seasoning, mustard and parmesan. If only it was a prettier colour!

I'm submitting it to this week's Presto Pasta Nights, hosted by Patsy of Family, Friends and Food.

3 comments:

  1. You are a VERY busy woman! I'm impressed that you still found time to throw together a quick and tasty dinner! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a schedule. Your pasta looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing quite like quick and creamy to ease a stressful/busy day! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete